Wednesday, April 05, 2006

 

Custom electronics dumped

Long time no update.
I managed to buy a CH yoke plus CH pedals. My job required to visit Prague (Czech Republic) more than I wanted to, the good thing was that I managed to find a CH products reseller there
A local craftsman cut the lower panel and holes from 2mm aluminium (he asked for an outrageous amount though, about 40 EUR).
I have the switches for the lights and started constructing the starter key.
Although it was fun and I also learned many new things, I decided to go with a more robust solution for USB electronics, see simkits. I ordered the 32-digital inputs board and the 6-analogue inputs boards. They are almost identical in functionality to my design and implementation, but eventually I got tired of ironing out small bugs in my firmware and in my hardware. Total cost for the 2 boards is about the same as the price for the UV eraser itself :(

Comments:
Great job!

Why dont you just drink out the hotel room's mini bar, instead of purchasing equipments in Prague?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?