Thursday, May 04, 2006
Servo control
I have made a simple circuit using PIC16F628A to try and drive one RC servo (Futaba S3003). I implemented it without the PWM module. It is simply
main loop
delay 20ms
raise one output pin to logic 1
delay for some time some (between 1ms and 2ms)
lower output pin to logic 0
goto main loop
It worked (after actually checking which is the servo signal wire). I played with it for some time, but since the circuit doesn't implement any input from the outside world, the "play" consisted of
getting PIC out
changing pulse width delay counter in formware
burn new firmware
put PIC back
power up circuit
Next step will be some kind of input to ease further testing.
main loop
delay 20ms
raise one output pin to logic 1
delay for some time some (between 1ms and 2ms)
lower output pin to logic 0
goto main loop
It worked (after actually checking which is the servo signal wire). I played with it for some time, but since the circuit doesn't implement any input from the outside world, the "play" consisted of
getting PIC out
changing pulse width delay counter in formware
burn new firmware
put PIC back
power up circuit
Next step will be some kind of input to ease further testing.